Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rest Of September Until Now Pt. 1


October’s Happenings

Note: I am sorry I have not updated in so long. I slipped a disk in my back and it has been very dificult to do things. But alas, I will be getting surgery hopefully mid-November, so everything should be good soon. In the mean time, here is the updates which have been going on all month!

When I miss something important, I always go to this tumblr to see what happened. What I am posting is from her. She is on top of things and I appriciate what she has been doing. I thank her for all the information. Her layout on her tumblr is a little confusing, but I think I’ll manage.

Here is a list of interviews/articles/photos since the last time I posted.
·      Exclusive: My Chemical Romance Talk About Their New Single, Album and Approach: (plus article and photos)
·      My Chemical Romance Reveal Secrets Of The New Album:
·      Kerrang Scans:
o      Scan1 http://vampireswillneverhurtyou.tumblr.com/post/1255416871/kerrang-scan1
o      Scan2 http://vampireswillneverhurtyou.tumblr.com/post/1255421235/keerang-scan2
o      Scan3 http://vampireswillneverhurtyou.tumblr.com/post/1255428941/keerang-scan3
o      Scan4 http://vampireswillneverhurtyou.tumblr.com/post/1255434488/kerrang-scan4
·      Na Na Na Na Behind The Scenes Photos:
·      Kerrang Covers:
·      Kerrang Scans Pt. 2:
o      Scan1 http://vampireswillneverhurtyou.tumblr.com/post/1305490866/kerrang-new-article-scan-2
o      Scan2 http://vampireswillneverhurtyou.tumblr.com/post/1305502555/kerrang-new-article-scan-3-btw-i-love-this
o      Scan3 http://vampireswillneverhurtyou.tumblr.com/post/1305516181/kerrang-new-article-scan-4
o      Scan5 http://vampireswillneverhurtyou.tumblr.com/post/1305541840/kerrang-new-article-scan-6
·      My Chemical Romance Get Dangerous In Na Na Na Na:
·      My Chemical Romance Broadcasting Transmissions:
o      http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/my_chemical_romance_broadcasting_tv_transmissions_from_2019/

The Newspaper seen in the Na Na Na Na video:
·      The newspaper explains what this photo belongs to. It also reinforces the fact that this is taking place in 2019, though we’re not sure of the month. What we can see of the month gives us a time frame of September to December. There’s also been some question about the identity of S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W and why they would provide these photographs. Katie had this to say:
o      I’m currently toying with the idea that S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W is Frank and sent the photo to the paper as a ‘fuck you’ and they’ve just been using it over and over again. Like a stock photo. (Source)
·      While I’m not sure it was sent in as a “fuck you”, I do suspect something similar on the reusing front.
·      There’s also been some discussion about the Latin composing the actual article itself. I was really hoping there would be some juicy new details to flesh out Dangerverse hidden inside, but alas! It appeared not. It looked more like the “Lorem Ipsum” stock text that everybody uses when they need to fill space with words. And then someone offered up a possible translation of the text that made it seem like perhaps it wasn’tsomeone else chimed in saying it was “Lorem Ipsum” after all… “Lorem Ipsum”, but

Battery City:
·      As of right now, it’s looking very likely that Battery City is the in-universe name for Los Angeles. I’m leaning towards the idea that Battery City = LA, but I’m only going on the evidence that others have provided.
·      One person left said in one of the Battery City posts:
o      Another would be the energy store in The U.S actually called Battery City. (Mostly the name speaks for itself; and, well there actually isn’t any mention of the term “park” when MCR say Battery City; and, Battery Park City isn’t in the central of the area its located in, also Battery Park City and Battery Park border water). I think its a spin on the Battery City (store). And expanding that “energy” into an actual city that keeps running, like they’ve got what you need to survive and replenish by being the epicenter of activity of daily lives. The “what you need” can be an easy mixture of literal and figurative and supplies and most importantly.. people.
Agent Cherri Cola’s tweet about going into Battery City suggests whatever type of people can be found there, especially those who are “controlling” what’s left of that civilization and imprinted the idea that the Killjoys are dangerous and wanted. Something else about Battery City and energy, is about the whole “Power Pup” acting as fuel and being dispensed in ready made machines. The whole industrial and corporate aspect and tone about the environment the Killjoys are faced with presents it more with a meaning about symbiotic and kinetic energy. (Source)

On The Note Of The Transmissions Page:
·      “I was looking through the channels on the transmissions page again, and BLND is now showing zone surveillance 1D (i.e. rollerskating Ladyboy) before cutting to the weather report. As for it’s significance, I can’t really be sure, but it’s starting to feel like no one’s friend Better Living Industries are always watching.”
o      Other people have been talking about it. It must be that somethings up with their reception; most of the channels have 3 or 4 horizontal lines going down the screen.

·      The song on KLSK has changed to "I'm Against It/ I'm Always Get My Man" also the beginning screen, the yellow one, is no longer connect to the dial.
·      KLSK now has two songs on it from the movie Horse Feathers. The Horse theme strikes again!

·      “Isn't all this horse stuff just about the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse?”
o      That is a very good theory on it, but we don’t know if it could be true or not yet.

Batman:
·      In Na Na Na Na, when the song comes to the part where it goes:
o      Let me tell you about the sad man.
o      Shut up and let me see your jazz hands.
o      Remember when you were a mad man.
o      Thought you was Batman…
·      Around the time he says the word Batman, you can here Gerard ‘na na na’-version the beginning of the Batman theme song.

Wow, A Whole Month:
·      “Can you believe it's been 1 month since the whole WTFery started? Feels like this has been my life... it's nuts. Just felt like pointing that out.”
o      It’s very strange to wrap my head around, even back when it was just two weeks in.

Official Album Cover:
·      If you’ve already seen the preorder page over at HMV, then you probably already know what the cover art for the upcoming album looks like. And maybe that’s partially why I’m kind of underwhelmed by its unveiling. I dunno. Personally, it’s not what I would’ve gone with.
·      HOWEVER, it’s ain’t about how good it looks and all about how good it sounds, and it does fit with the open, bright, free aesthetic going on, so it gets points there.

No comments:

Post a Comment